- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a large stockpot with well-salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Return the pasta to the stockpot and add the chicken and alfredo sauce. Gently toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11x7-inch or 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the pasta evenly with 1 cup of the cheese. Layer the remaining half of the pasta on top. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Bake using the bottom heat function for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and just barely starts to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, sprinkled with additional toppings if desired.
HOW TO MAKE THE ALFREDO SAUCE
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute, stirring occasionally until fragrant.
- Sprinkle with the flour, and stir to combine.
- Saute for another minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, whisking to combine until smooth.
- Whisk in the milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook for another minute until the broth has thickened.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and dried basil; continue to cook until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.