- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Make the Apple Filling. Except for the vanilla, stir together the apple filling ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes or until the apples have softened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Prepare the Phyllo Pastry Wrappers. Unroll the phyllo pastry. Brush each sheet with melted butter and layer up 5 layers. Cut into 3-inch wide strips. Cover the remaining pastry with a damp tea towel to keep fresh.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the apple mixture at the bottom of the pastry sheet and fold the edge up to meet one side to form a triangle. Fold again in the opposite direction and keep folding until you reach the top. Lightly brush the triangles with the melted butter. Repeat the process with the remaining filling until done. Chill the triangles until ready to cook.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. Put the triangles on the tray and bake using the bottom heat function for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the triangles with cinnamon sugar. Bake for another 5 minutes then let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving with the Cinnamon Whipped Cream.
HOW TO MAKE THE CINNAMON WHIPPED CREAM
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the 1/2 cup of whipping cream on high until soft peaks form.
- Turn the mixer off and add in the cinnamon, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- Continue to whisk the whipped cream on high speed until stiff peaks form.