Cook Time: 2hrs (depending on size) | Temperature: 200ºC | Shelf Level: 2 | Function: Quarter heat + Steam | Water: 700ml | Serves: 6
1. 1 turkey
2. Sage herbed butter
3. 200g softened butter or margarine
4. 1 tbsp. dried sage
5. ½ tbsp. garlic powder
6. Salt & pepper to season
7. Sage Stuffing
8. 1 medium to large onion, chopped
9. 1 large stalk of celery, finely chopped
10. 4-5 slices of white bread cubed
11. 1.5 tbsp. dried sage
13. Meat of 1 sausage
14. ½ cup boiling water with ½ chicken
15. stock cube dissolved in it
1. Take the softened butter and add the sage, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly. Put in fridge for 10 minutes to harden slightly.
2. Loosen the skin by slipping your hand between the skin and meat of the breast and legs. Break through any connections by pushing your hand to the back and sides.
3. Once the skin is separated, take spoonfuls of the sage butter and insert it between the meat and skin, spreading it around with your hand until it is evenly distributed.
4. Fill the cavity with the stuffing, leaving a little space as the stuffing will expand as it cooks.
5. Put the remaining stuffing in an oven-proof dish and bake for 30 minutes before it is time to serve.
6. Close the cavity with the excess skin, using toothpicks to secure it.
7. Place the turkey on shelf level 2, using the humidity cooking function with setting ‘Humidity Low’ at 200°C cook the turkey for 30 minutes for each kg weight.
8. To ensure it is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the leg and if juices run clear, it is done.