Cook Time: 40mins | Temperature: 180°C | Function: Quarter Steam + Heat | Water: 300ml | Serves: 6 - 8
1. 100ml milk
2. 50 desiccated coconut
3. 2 level tbsp of dark cocoa powder
4. 50g honey
5. 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
6. 150g unsalted butter
7. 3 medium eggs, separated
8. 75g gorund almonds
9. 100g caster sugar
10. 300ml double cream to finish
11. 2 cardamom pods, ground with almonds
1. Line the base and sides of a 30 x 11cm rectangular baking tin with paking parchment
2. Mix the milk, desiccated coconut, cocoa and honey in a medium heat, stirring constantly, then set aside
3. Beat in the chocolate and butter with a wooden spoon. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, and then stir in the almonds with cardamom and half the sugar.
4. Using an electric whisk, whisk the egg whites, while adding the remaining sugar a tablespoon at a time to make a soft meringue. Beat a third of this through the chocolate mix, then pour into the remaining meringue and fold in as quickly, lightly and evenly as you can.
5. Pour into the tin and bake for 40mins. Cook at 180°C, 'Quarter Steam + Heat' function
6. Leave to cool before chilling
7. Finish the cake with a lightly whipped mixture of double cream and sprinkle over the cocoa powder.