Prep time: 10mins | Cook Time: 1hr 30mins | Serves: 8
2 small chickens
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1 cup dry white wine
½ cup chicken stock
¼ cup finely-chopped herbs (rosemary, parsley, basil, and thyme)
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
3 tsp Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F ).
2. In a deep roasting pan, spread the chopped onion and carrot. Place the chicken on top.
3. In a bowl, mix all the liquid, herbs, garlic, and mustard together to a make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the chicken and into the cavity.
4. Drizzle the olive oil all over the chicken and season the birds with salt and pepper.
5. Place in the oven and roast using the bottom heat function, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours or until the chickens are cooked. Chicken may be turned over halfway through the cooking process so that the underside becomes golden brown and crisp.
6. Strain the pan juices, onion, and carrot and serve as gravy.